Friday, September 14, 2012

Why do I Love Music?

Why do I love music? Such a simple question, but I can’t seem to find the words to explain. I guess that’s why I love music so much because when words can’t describe what you are feeling the music can.
When people ask me what my favorite song is, I never reply with a song that is on the radio and that everybody is listening to. My favorite types of songs are the ones with meaning not with a good beat. One of my all-time favorite songs is Anyway by Martina McBride. This song talks about how people will try to break you down and tell you that you can’t succeed but the song says not to listen to them and to do it anyways. I have sung this song for many different competitions this year and have done very well with it. I think I do well with it because I believe in it. And so I’m putting emotion into it.
I love songs that can explain how I feel and can explain my life. I feel like I can connect with a song better when I can relate to it.
I have been involved in music since I was a little girl and I have loved it ever since. It has gotten me through so much. Whatever the emotion is, music can describe it. Whether it is something stupid like being excited for an upcoming competition or something serious like waiting to find out about my surgery, I believe music is important to me because of those very reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment