Friday, September 28, 2012

Music at CHS

I think music is very important and I really wanted to get a teachers point of view on it because I am planning on going in to music and to have that experience would be great so I know the things to look forward to in the future. I also wanted some outlook on a few other questions.

Q: Why do you love music?
A: I like the challenge aspect of it. Like when you look at a piece of music and think that you will never be able to play that, but then you start to break it down.Then you play it for a concert perfectly and you remember that moment when you couldn’t play it and you feel that sense of pride set in.

Q:Why do you think students should get involved in music?
A: I think students should get involved because you can express anything through music. I mean singing one song can make your entire day better. Also studies show that students who are in music have better grades because in music they are working on math they are learning history and english too.

Q:What is your favorite part about teaching music?
A: I always like seeing students succeed its always the best thing.

Q:What would you like to see happen for the band or choir in the next year.
A: be able to have the confidence that we can get a one at festival. Also to be able to take a choir and band trip.

Q:Why did you decide to get a degree in music?
A: I had always gone to music camp and I always remember seeing seniors that had already graduated at camp and i was wondering why they were there and then i realized that they were going in to music, but that i could never do that. I was originally going to be a math teacher but then i started to think about music and i went to talk to the administration and she said that they would sign me up for some music classes and as soon as i walked in the room i knew it was right.

Q:Why do you think stage performance is a big part in music?
A: Absolutely, if we went out on stage looking slouching and insecure the audience is going to have a hard time connecting with the music. But if we go up looking confident and putting emotion into to the song it portrays a better image.

Q:Do you think knowing the story helps connect with the song.
A: oh absolutely because when you know the story its like actually telling the story and not thinking so much about the music. But at the same time if you don't tell the audience the story like with a band piece you can make it happen with the music.

Q:What is your favorite artist, genre, and song.
A: My favorite artist is Garth Brooks favorite song is Concrete Angel and my favorite genre is Christian.

Q:Why do you believe music is important?
A: I like music because it’s so powerful in Russia they actually banned some music because the message was so strong and powerful.

Q: What do you think the world be like without music?
A: So lame because everyone is impacted by music. There is no one who can go all their life and not listen to music. Its everywhere in movies and all of the sounds made are some form of music. There is no one who can listen to silence all their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment