Monday, October 22, 2012

Song Writting

When you listen to a song do you ever think of the process it took to write that song. Songwriting is a very precise process. Everyone does it differently, some may start by writing the lyrics and then the music others may start with the music first. But one thing I know for sure about songwriting is the song has to mean something to you or it is going to be very hard to write the song. It is a lot easier to write a song when you can relate to it.
I have wrote many songs over the years the only problem I have with writing is putting the music and the lyrics together. I try to think of what music I want to be with it, but then I start thinking of a different song thinking oh my gosh this is so cool, and then I listen to it and it is not even my song. Songwriting for me is one of the hardest things about music I don’t play guitar so it is very hard to write country music. I play piano but it is so hard to pick out the melody on the piano for me. So anyone out there who writes songs I have a ton of respect for you because I know how hard it is to write the song.
If you have any songs or you would like to share on how your process for writing a song goes leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment