Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Competitions

Well the Teddy Talent Trek is not until March. But like I have said in other post I usually start to prepare a few months ahead of time so I can get my performance to be perfect. This year I have looked at doing a power ballad. Some songs I have looked at are songs by Celine Dion, Martina McBride, and Christina Aguilera.

I have sung country for every competition I have ever done so I decided I wanted to do something different. The Teddy Talent Trek is a competition help in Williston, North Dakota. The winner gets to perform the first show at the Medora Musical. I have competed in the talent show for 4 years now. The only problem with the competeition is it seems every year a person from Williston wins. A couple years ago a girl who was dressed in what I assumed was at least a hundred dollar outfit,went up on stage and raps about her beat up car. Now I have nothing against rapping, but she could not rap or sing to save her life. When they called her name for the winning position the entire audience gasped. After that I hadn't really expected to even place. I mainly go for experience just to get the practice of performing so I can prepare for bigger competitions.

I also compete in many other talent shows throughout the year. I compete in our school talent show when I can. But one of my favorite talent shows is the Texaco Showdown. So many country stars started out from the talent show. This year was the first year I had placed. I participated in two showdowns this year one is Wolf Point, Montana and the other in Plentywood, Montana. I recieved second place at both competitions. At Wolf Point I lost first place by one hundreth of a point the guy who won and myself were neck and neck until it came down to bonus points. And he wrote his own songs so he recieved points. Even though I didn't get first place I had the best time. I sang right before intermission when I got done I walked towards the door to get a drink and a few little girls stopped me and asked for my autograph I was so excited no one had ever asked for my autograph. I signed there papers and walked toward the door again but this time a couple of guys my age stopped me and asked for my autograph I was even more surprised my that because I never thought anyone my age would ask for my signiture. Plentywood was great too but I felt amazing leaving Wolf Point that day.

My whole year consisted of second place medals so, my goal for this year is to be able to get first at at least one of my competitions, that's why I thought a power ballad would be a good idea. I love to sing power ballads it shows off my voice alot which would be a good idea. So all I can do now is wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment