Friday, October 26, 2012

College, Future Plans, and Dreams

So for a long time I have been wanting to go into music, I just didn't know what kind of music I wanted to go into. I have finally come to a decision that I want to get a major in Music Education and a minor in Music Performance. I love music and decided to get a head start and get some experience. So a friend of mine asked me to teach their son piano lessons. I immediately said yes, our first lesson was last night it went great. I started teaching him some basic theory and then we learned a couple songs. I also play flute so my band director Mrs.Hekkel said I could come in and help one of her younger flute players if I want. I went in this morning to help her and it is so different to see someone just beginning to play flute because I can see myself when I was little and what a struggle is was for me and how far I have come.
I love music with a passion and I will do whatever I can to get more involved before I go to college. I have looked at many schools for college and one of my top schools right now is Minot State University in North Dakota. I can't wait to go to college and get away from high school. High school has way too much drama and there are too many people I can't wait to get out of my life (those who will not be named.) But seriously I can not wait for high school to end. But since I still have another year so I will try and stick it out.
    I plan on chasing my dream and putting as much effort into it as I can. This summer my friend and I are going to go on the X Factor we are either going to go to Denver,Colorado or Tennessee. I plan on auditioning with the song Anyway by Martina McBride. I believe it shows off my voice and shows what I believe and the genre of music I want to be singing. I have been singing ever since I was a little girl and I can’t wait to finally make my dreams come true i tis the best feeling in the world knowing your dreams are only one step away. All my life what I have worked towards,this is going to be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment